Monday, September 25, 2017

2 - Redmond, Oregon to Trinidad, Colorado.

On the road, 8/19/2017! 



My trip started with a long drive from Redmond to meet Chris in Trinidad. I rented a tiny U-haul to transport my bike in. I left on Saturday morning August 19th, at around 6am. and drove the 1st 1/2 to Ogden, Utah. It was about 12 hours on the road including fuel and pee stops. Not too bad! Ate Arby's for dinner and was able to relax a little before attempting to go to sleep early. I swear, there was a herd of Elephants running around in the room above me until about midnight! How can people be so clueless and loud? Never the less, I slept well after they quieted down and got up early to finish my trek to Trinidad. Driving east on I -80 was pretty. Going through a nice canyon and then up into the hills of Wyoming! Not a bad drive except the speed limit up there is 80mph and the U-haul was speed limited to 75! Took a small sightseeing detour to stop by the University of Wyoming Art Museum in Laramie. Neat building, took a few pictures to send back to Rachel and was on my way again. Heading south down I-25 through Fort Collins and Denver Colorado was hectic. Rough road and lots of traffic! However, the north bound lanes were much, much worse with all the traffic heading north to see the eclipse. Made it to Trinidad at about 7:30 pm on Sunday, the 20th. Chris and his wife Gretchen were there waiting for me! They had driven up to Trinidad from Phoenix, Az on Saturday. We unloaded my bike and returned the U-haul. BK for dinner and then back to the hotel to rest up for tomorrow!
Total U-haul miles, 1372; roughly 24 hours driving time.

 ***NOTE; Clicking on the pictures will open them up in a larger, gallery view.***


My Chariot!

On the road!
View from motel in Ogden, Utah.

Univ of Wyoming Art Museum, beautiful building!

WOO HOWDY!!!


Unloading!


2 comments:

  1. Looking good, bro! So cool that you had the chance to check out the art museum. Beautiful scenery pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the weather was perfect too!

    ReplyDelete